1) Why do cell phones emit electromagnetic waves (EMF)?
Cell phone transmissions are relayed from one phone to another via cell towers and antennas. To communicate with the cell towers, cell phones use electromagnetic waves to transmit and receive data.
2) Why should we protect ourselves from the electromagnetic waves emitted by cell phones?
Major national and international bodies such as the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC, based in Lyon, France) and the World Health Organization (WHO) have acknowledged that electromagnetic waves may cause cancer. This conclusion is supported by many studies and articles, one of which, published in the London Times (Dec. 1, 2005), described how electromagnetic waves caused a child's brain cancer.
3) What is it about these waves that makes them so harmful?
In contrast to the naturally occurring electromagnetic waves that all plant, animal, and human cells have been accustomed to for millennia (such as solar radiation, cosmic waves, and cosmo-telluric waves), EMF waves are "fragmented." The rapid oscillations of such electromagnetic ’Äúflashes’Äù are very difficult for living cells to cope with, and so their normally functioning mechanisms are vitally disrupted.
4) If fragmented waves are harmful, why then are they used?
Fragmented waves allow a higher amount of information to be transmitted on the same frequency at the same time. This enables operators to transmit messages from several phones simultaneously, thus increasing their financial return on the frequency bands they have licensed.
5) How has the harmfulness of cell phones to humans been proven?
The red blood cells in human blood contain iron molecules. These iron molecules are polarized by the fragmented electromagnetic waves (EMF) emitted by cell phones, turning each cell into a micro-magnet. The magnetized cells then clump together in tight bundles, reducing the cell surface available to transport oxygen. This directly results in harmful health effects. See photos of EMF-magnetized red blood cells taken by the Pierre & Marie Curie Institute Hematology Center, available at www.emfbioshieldtel.com/eng/solution.html.
6) When does a cell phone emit harmful waves, and why?
When left in standby mode, a cell phone emits a signal every 3 seconds to locate and communicate with antennas. This adds up to 1,200 signals per hour, 28,800 signals per day. When the phone is in use, it continuously emits a modulated and fragmented signal whenever the user speaks.
7) Is there a ’Äúsafe’Äù distance one can maintain to protect oneself from cell phone EMF waves?
The harmful impacts of EMF waves gradually diminish the further you are from the phone, becoming quite negligible at 4 to 6 feet away. But of course, it's not really possible to use a cell phone that far way.
8) How long does it take for exposure to the waves emitted by cell phones to become harmful to one's health?
It depends on your physical condition. Some people are more sensitive than others, but in general, physiological changes occur after just five minutes of cell phone use, whether you can feel it or not.
9) Is SAR (specific absorption rate, or radiation index) an important factor in choosing a mobile phone?
Yes. It is one of the parameters to consider, but it's not the only one.
10) What is the position of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC in Lyon, France) regarding waves emitted by cell phones?
EMF waves are classified as "possibly carcinogenic" by both bodies.
11) What are the risks incurred by cell phone users?
Fatigue, weakened immunity, poor concentration, memory loss, and in the long run there is a risk of cancer as published by WHO, IARC, and other research centers around the world.
12) Are some people more at risk than others?
Anybody going through an intense cell proliferation phase, including embryos, fetuses, children, and teen-agers, can be seriously affected. So can many adults who are particularly sensitive to this type of radiation.
13) How can I protect myself from cell phone EMF radiation?
Harmful fragmented waves emitted by cell phones must be turned into the same kind of harmless linear waves all living cells have been accustomed to for millennia. The EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip ’Äúlinearizes’Äù these waves, thus making them bio-compatible.
14) What does EMF-Bioshield®/Tel mean?
Electromagnetic Fields Biological Shield for (cell) Telephone.
15) How does the EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip protect cell phone users?
Nano-particles of lanthanides (elements 58-71 of the Periodic Table) have specific magnetic resonance properties. These elements are embedded into a neutral substance and calibrated to create the precise resonance required to transform harmful fragmented waves into harmless linear ones.
16) Does the EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip help reduce the specific absorption rate (SAR)?
No, that is not necessary for the chip to have the desired effect. It impacts the nature of the waves, not the strength of the signal.
17) How do you justify the price of the EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip?
It’Äôs actually not very high. Small as they are, producing the chips is not an inexpensive process. Lanthanides and other precious raw materials currently cost around $75,000 a pound. In addition, amortization of research costs must be factored into the final cost of the product. We have made every effort to assure that the EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip is as affordable as possible for the broadest range of cell phone users.
18) Can the EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip be placed anywhere on the cell phone?
No. It should be placed as close as possible to the antenna for maximum efficiency and better protection. But for models like the iPhone, for example, where the antenna encircles the phone itself, the best place for the EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip is on the back, about one third down in the center (just below the Apple symbol).
19) Can the EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip be used on other devices that emit electromagnetic waves, such as laptop computers or TVs?
No. Laptops and TVs emit different types of waves that require their own specific protective components. See www.emf-bioshield.com.
20) Does the EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip protect individuals from WiFi waves?
No. WiFi waves are different. See www.emf-bioshield.com for more information.
21) Does the effectiveness of the EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip diminish over time?
The EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip has been found in tests to maintain its effectiveness for no less than 3 years. It is likely that it remains effective even longer than that, and additional tests will continue to measure its effectiveness over time.
22) How can we be sure that the EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip works properly? Can its effectiveness be verified?
The chip’Äôs effectiveness can only be verified in laboratory tests. One such experiment measures the red cell clumping phenomenon in users after 10 minutes of conversation, while other bio-physical tests use a camera developed by Professor K. Korotkov. It is important to note that some people who are sensitive to electromagnetic waves have reported that they no longer felt any physical discomfort as soon as their cell phone was equipped with the EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip.
23) Is the EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip guaranteed?
Yes, it is, for a period of three years, as long as it has been used in accordance with instructions.
24) How does the warranty work?
If an EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip appears to be defective when used in accordance with instructions, just return it to the manufacturer for testing (SEIC in Geneva), along with proof of purchase. In case of malfunction, it will be replaced free of charge.
25) Has the EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip been licensed or certified?
All research, experiments, and products of the manufacturer, SEIC SA (Geneva), have received the ISO-9001/2008 certification, the highest level in this field. The EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip is not subject to any authorization, standard, or regulation regarding its marketability. Indeed, at the current time, there exists no governmentally defined standards for such protection tools. The EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip is a Swiss product, manufactured in Switzerland, under the "Swiss-made" label.
26) Can the EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip be recycled?
No, but the nano-particles it contains are embedded in a neutral substance that prevents them from being freed in nature where they could become toxic. Once attached to a cell phone, the EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip stays with the phone and may be recycled along with it.
27) Why don't cell phone manufacturers directly incorporate this protection against harmful EMF waves into their products?
If they did, it would be an admission that they know that the cell phones they have been selling for years are harmful, possibly triggering a costly wave of lawsuits.
28) Are there other solutions for protection against harmful cell phone EMF waves, and if so, how do they compare to the EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip?
There are dozens of products currently available via the Internet which claim to be viable solutions. Unfortunately, some actually do more harm than good. The fact is, the EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip is the only one in the world whose effectiveness has been demonstrated by scientific tests, to the extent that it was awarded a Gold Medal by the 39th International Scientific Inventions Salon of Geneva.
29) The electromagnetic waves emitted by cell phones can cause real physical discomfort in some people who are electro-sensitive. Does the EMF-Bioshield®/Tel chip reduce or eliminate this discomfort?
Yes, in most cases, the chip entirely eliminates the physical discomfort felt by electromagnetically sensitive people. However, some people have reached such a degree of hypersensitivity that even a tiny residual signal can still cause them physical discomfort.
30) Why are the potential risks of cell phone EMF waves not yet considered by some to be a scientifically proven fact?
Some top scientists have seen their research grants canceled or denied, or their research teams disbanded, for daring to show the harmful effects of cell phones. The risks of EMF radiation were hidden for years by a senior international health organization official (now under investigation), behind whom national health officials sheltered their own suspicions about the harmful nature of the fragmented waves emitted by cell phones. At the same time, many media outlets refuse to publish existing research which scientifically demonstrates these discoveries, for fear of losing advertising revenues.